Thursday, August 24, 2006

yo mama

10 things i have learned from my mother:

1. it is never, ever, wrong to love a purse
2. matching shoes will make an outfit
3. marry someone who loves me ever-so-slightly more
4. it is never too early to start using anti-wrinkle cream
5. food you buy on the street is dirty
6. if i learn how to cook, someone will marry me
7. always, always, always say thank you
8. how to smile and open my eyes up for photos
9. to laugh at myself and charm the pants off everyone else
10. that i can do anything i want, unless she doesn't approve of it

my mother and i are very much alike. and we hate it. but as the years go on we tire of fighting it.

she is lovely, charming, graceful, and silly. she laughs effortlessly, but is quick to pout. she is a firecracker, a loose cannon, a mountain to move. she is stubborn, she is kind, and she is adorable.

my mother and i fight a lot. when i was in high school, we would go for days without speaking to each other. we still go at it every once in a while, but we wouldn't be us if we didn't. my family jokes when my mother and i go on shopping trips that only one of us will come back.

i love my mother, and i tell her all the time. just in different ways, like when i answer with, "what do you want?" when she calls. or when i tell her i love my dad more.

No comments: