Thursday, August 03, 2006

first class

heading up north for the weekend.

and, as the bf loves to point out, i do not work for an airline, so we are driving. the horror! the bf also likes to note that when I do fly with him, his flying priority is lower, even though we have not missed a flight because of that, ever.

however, when he does fly singular, more often than not he doesn't make his flight, which means his theory of priority is disproved. ha.

on our way back from vegas, i had a paid ticket but he was flying on his benefits, so he ended up with a seat in first class. i had a window seat in coach.

we boarded the plane, parted ways, and i promptly fell asleep. i woke to the sound of the bf calling my name. he tells me they have found a seat for me in first class. i gathered my things and walk up to the front of the plane, assuming he is right behind me. i pass the flight attendant and think nothing of it when she says, 'your boyfriend is SO sweet!' except that he wasn't my boyfriend at the time. i get up to my first class seat and realize that a. he is not behind me and b. there is only one seat available. during this slow connection, i receive a text message that reads: gotcha.

i want to sit next to him. this is our first flight together. i text him so. he says the next move is mine. sigh. i knew what that meant.


true, i don't need to sit in first class, but it's nice.

there were problems with the door of the plane. i made a deal with myself: if they couldn't shut the door in five minutes, i would ask to be moved. one. two. three. three and a half. three and three quarters. i cursed as i pushed the call button. the same flight attendant appeared and i said, 'could i sit by that guy back there?' and she went back to ask the guy next to the bf if he wouldn't mind moving up to first class.

she came back with the guy, and the poor woman next to me, who had let people in and out of her row too many times for it to count as first class, let me out and let him in. i made my way back to coach. and a middle seat. and the bf.

the moral of the story is: if your bf has a seat in first class and moves to a window seat in coach for you, you should always give up your window seat in coach and then seat in first class to sit in the middle seat in coach next to him.

that, or giving up a first class seat for anyone, anywhere, at anytime is really dumb. don't do it.

No comments: