Wednesday, August 23, 2006

choose me

i gave the bf a choice.

1. take a half day off work to drive 3.5 hours to madison with me
2. leave work an hour early to fly to madison without me

ordinarily, i would assume that the bf would leap at the chance to fly. we have driven many miles together, and for many miles he has bemoaned my lack of flying benefits.

so when the bf responded with: i want to ride with you to madison, and i don't want to inconvenience you, please excuse my surprise when i wrote back with: gasp! who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend?

he has been off lately. i feel like he has quite a bit on his mind that he isn't sharing with me. (dog, my ass) we are each others' holiday; when i am around him the last thing i want to do is unleash unhappiness. in that way we protect our togetherness, our happy bubble, our us-against-the-world front. we are both too sensitive to our happiness to pop it. and yet, it is being there through the rough that will test our lasting. still, the thing that remains consistent is that we love being around each other. i've said it before and i'll say it again: i just want to be with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madison is 4.5 hours away. Don't get a speeding ticket trying to make it in 3.5!

Guacaholic said...

I wish I could keep D & I in a happy bubble... all I seem to be doing lately is popping that bubble, for the sake of comminucation and future happiness.